Are you suffering from a severe toothache? Do your teeth clutter in sensitive pain to hot/cold eatables? Then perhaps the pulp of your tooth has damaged and has caused infection. You would need to undergo an endodontic therapy to repair the infected tooth. Endodontics is a branch of dentistry which deals with repair & disinfection of damaged pulp, and its treatment is known as root canal treatment. Ensure you are getting your treatment done by skilled hands because the endodontist or dentist will have to carefully remove the damaged pulp from inside the tooth, perform cleaning & disinfection, shape the root canals and finally seal the affected space with a filling.
What causes the infection?
Our mouth contains thousands of bacteria which can cause infections. When a tooth's nerve tissue gets damaged, bacteria and other decayed debris start developing in several multiples causing infection in the pulp chamber. In many cases, the formation of an abscessed tooth takes place wherein pus forms at the end of the roots of the tooth. It occurs when the infection reaches the end of the roots. It causes problems like:
· Swelling of face and around neck or head
· Damage to tooth bone
· Drainage arising outward from the root
What happens during a root canal treatment?
· The treatment requires one or more visits to an endodontist. The procedure starts by examining the X-ray of the tooth. In a few cases, multiple X-rays each from different angles may be required to understand the scope of infection. If the infection is intense, then local anesthesia is performed at the affected site else in initial stages of defect the treatment can be done without the influence of anesthesia. According to dentists, numbness makes it easier for the patient to get the job done relaxingly.
· In the next step, the endodontist will place a rubber dam (sheet) around the tooth to keep the space dry from effects of saliva.
· Then, the affected tooth is drilled to create a hole. Then, the decayed nerve tissue, debris, and bacteria are extracted out skilfully.
· Once, the contaminations are out; the tooth chamber is cleaned with root canal files. These files perform in-depth scrape and scrub of the internal lining of the root canals. The debris is then flushed away with water or sodium hypochlorite.
· Finally, the tooth is sealed with medicated filling which keeps bacteria away and resumes normal function of the tooth.
Root Canal in Abu Dhabi
If you are suffering from a toothache and related problems, then reach out to specialists at Snö Dental for a skillful examination and treatment. They encompass multiple dental services with latest technology features within same premises. Book an appointment now!