Breast enlargement is an aesthetic procedure to increase the size of breasts. It uses breast implants with minimal invasion to reconstruct the shape and size of breasts. If you see yourself as a right candidate for breast enlargement, then you can undergo an augmentation surgery to restore the natural look for your breasts after consultation with a specialist.
What breast surgery can do?
According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation can-
• Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
• Improve balance of breast and hip contours
What breast surgery can't do?
According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons, "Breast augmentation does not correct severely drooping breasts. A breast lift may be required along with a breast augmentation for sagging breasts to look fuller and lifted. Breast lifting can often be done at the same time as your augmentation or may require a separate operation. Your plastic surgeon will assist you in making this decision."
Steps to Breast Augmentation
1. The application of anesthesia- In 90% cases, surgical procedures use anesthesia to numb the to-be-operated area. For breast augmentation, intravenous sedation or general anesthesia is used. This activity is entirely safe and rarely leverages any side effects.
2. Creating incisions- Once, anesthesia develops its effects your specialist will create small incisions at unnoticeable areas to hinder the visibility of scars post-surgery. There are three different types of incisions- peri-areolar incision (made along the areolar edge), inframammary fold (fold is created under the breast) and axillary incision (formed in the armpit). As per your physical capability, type of breast implant, the intensity of enlargement required and your preference, your specialist can recommend you belly-button approach as well.
3. Inserting breast implant- In accordance to the type of implant you are undergoing, your specialist will place breast implant either under the pectoral muscle (submuscular placement) or behind the breast tissue (submammary/ subglandular placement).
4. Sealing the incisions- Post breast implant, the incisions are sealed with either surgical tape or layered sutures in breast tissue or skin adhesive. Eventually, some incision lines will form, however, those will dwindle with time. The potency of scars depends on genetics, exposure of the body to nicotine and infections (if any).
5. Results- Post this successful surgery breast enlargement is apparently visible.
Breast Treatment in Dubai
American Academy of Cosmetic SurgeryHospital in Dubai offers a wide range of cosmetic treatments including breastaugmentation and breast reduction. You can stay unhesitant and speak to the specialists of Al Khayal Clinic (a department of (American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Hospital, Dubai) about aesthetic procedures for your breasts.