- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery (OMS or OMFS) specializes curing different type of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the Oral (mouth) and Maxillofacial (jaws & face).
- The Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons can also treat facial injuries caused by accidents.
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons can work along with other medical professionals like prosthodontist, orthodontist, plastic surgeon and neurosurgeon.
1. Teeth Extraction
- Removal of damaged teeth including wisdom tooth if necessary
2. Dental Implants
- Surgical type wherein an artificial tooth root will replace the lost original tooth root. Bone and soft tissue grafting procedures are included
3. Outpatient anesthesia for adults and children
4. Jaw Surgery
- Also known as orthognathic surgery to correct the conditions of the jaw and face
5. Removing tumors from the jaws and the mouth
6. Removing cancer from the mouth, jaws and neck
7. Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Cleft lip and cleft palate are birth deficiency of the mouth and lip.
- Cleft palate happens when the root of the mouth is incompletely close, leaving an opening that could extend into the nasal cavity.
- Cleft lip is an abnormality wherein the lip is incompletely form during fetal development.
8. Surgery for Salivary gland pathology
Visit the best dentist to get to know about Oral and Maxillofacial services