Do you have tooth or jaws improperly positioned? Or, do you have crooked teeth? If so, then you must immediately see an experienced orthodontist. According to experts, it is difficult to clean crooked teeth or teeth with a gap and hence, it creates a room for dental problems like tooth decay and periodontal diseases. Patients with these diseases lay extra stress on chewing muscles and end up suffering from headaches, neck, shoulder and back pain and TMJ syndrome. Undoubtedly, you smile also gets affected, and you start feeling embarrassed during public appearances. Orthodontic treatment is a solution to these problems because these lead to healthier mouth, string teeth, and pleasing appearance.
How to Know If I Need to See an Orthodontic?
Your dentist can better determine if you need specialized care. The parameters in the decision include a clinical exam, dental health history, X-ray report, and photographs. If you bear from any of the following conditions, then you are a candidate for orthodontic treatment:
· Overbite- It is also known as ‘buck teeth' wherein the upper front teeth stick out over the lower teeth.
· Underbite- It forms a bulldog appearance wherein the lower teeth lie too far forward from the upper teeth.
· Crossbite- It refrains the upper teeth to come down slightly in front of the lower teeth.
· Open bite- It is the space between the biting surfaces of the side teeth and the front teeth when the back teeth meet.
· Misplaced Midline- It misaligns the center of the upper teeth from the center of the lower front teeth.
· Spacing- Gaps between the teeth due to missing teeth or teeth that do not fill up the mouth.
· Crowding- There are too many teeth in comparison to the spacing capacity of the jaws.
What Does Orthodontic Treatment Include?
According to your oral condition, your doctor will use appliances to improve the aesthetics of your teeth and face. The objective of these appliances is to align the specific teeth by applying gentle pressure on the teeth and jaws. There are two categories of these appliances:
· Braces- These consist of bands, wires, and brackets.
· Special Fixed Appliances- These are used to control tongue thrusting or thumb sucking habits.
· Fixed Space Maintainers- If a baby tooth is lost prematurely; these maintainers are used to keep the space open until the new permanent tooth erupts.
· Removable Space Maintainers
· Jaw Repositioning Appliances
· Lip and Cheek Bumpers
· Palatal Expander
· Removable Retainers
In Dubai dentist who is well known for their work can be consulted at Lookswoow Dental Clinic and Teeth Whitening Spa. It is a multi-specialty clinic serving general dentistry, Implantology, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, and orthodontics. For more details book an appointment now.