The process of cleaning and maintaining your mouth, tooth and gums easy byregular brushing flossing and dental checkups to save from dental problems along with dental cavities, periodontal problems, gingivitis, and bad odour is called oral hygiene.
A healthy Mouth has the following characteristics-
- Cleaner teeth with no debris
- Pink gums whit no pain or bleed when brushed or flossed
- No consistent bad breath problems
It is very essential to have a good oral health because it serves good smileswith aesthetic process and alsothe overall health. It is acknowledged to save you from gum disease, coronary heart disease, bone loss, stroke, and infection. Additionally, several scientific studies show that many diseases are triggered by bad oral hygiene
- Cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke.
- Causes low or high birth weight of babies
- Diabetes and its complications
- Bacterial Pneumonia
Here are some recommended guidelines to maintain a healthy mouth.
1. Regular Brushing- it is absolutely critical to brush your tooth at least once a day. It facilitates the removal of tartar and dental plaque from the teeth and also getting rid of bad breath. The dental plaque and tartar can be very dangerous over a time period as it could cause cavities, tooth decay, gum diseases, and gingivitis. Due to tooth decay or gum disease, the highest number of tooth loss is occurring throughout the world.When food particles are left trapped inside the fissures of the teeth due to improper brushing of teeth, tooth decay occurs
2. Dental sealants are used to cover the fissures on teeth at the mouths back so that no more trapping of food can occur and avoid teeth decay. A visit to the dentist twice in a year is also very vital for the cleaning of the enamel.
3. Healthy and balanced diet -eating - A healthy weight loss plan and avoiding snacks high in carbohydrates and sticky candy snacks can prevent periodontal diseases and enamel decay. Also, consumption of sodas, alcohol, and coffee can cause the destructive action on teeth as they have got huge quantities of phosphorous. Phosphorous is critical in small quantities, but consuming larger quantities can cause cavity
Some meals ensure the protection of teeth against tooth decay. Foods that include fluoride as it prevents cavities by way of maintaining the pH degree of your mouth. Water contains fluoride certainly and in community water, fluoride is brought one by one in 1 ppm amount to maintain dental health. There are positive meals that should be preventedat all accounts like carbohydrates mainly cooked starches and sugars especially sticky sugars. E.g. - chips and different fried foods, toffee and chocolates.
4. Flossing- Flossing is often ignored at the same time while we do brushing. This helps the cleansing of areas between the teeth wherein general brushing or even the use of mouthwash will not do it. Dentists recommend flossing at least once in a day.
5. fending off Tobacco- Tobacco is highly risky for your health, it cause both mouth cancer and lung cancers and it complicates your oral health. Normally, people who smoke try and compensate for the odor of cigarettes via consuming alcohol, tea, coffee and so on, which in flip doubles the chance completed to their tooth.
6. Cleaning your tongue- cleansing the tongue surface is just as essential for the health of teeth as well as cleaning the teeth. It removes harmful bacteria from your tongue which in any other case will result in halitosis or cause tooth damage
7. Regularly visiting your dentist - normal visits for your dentist or orthodontist will make you ensure that dental problems are at bay. But, if you don't take care of oral health, complications may develop. It’s essential for you for any type of a toothache, gum bleed or every other signs present it, you ought to rush on your dentist.