The enamel and the dentin layer of the tooth can be damaged if you will have tooth decay. It happens when foods containing carbohydrates are left on the teeth. Plaque that remains on the teeth is coming from the bacteria, acid, food debris and saliva. Cavities are the holes in the teeth which is caused by the acids in plaque that dissolve the enamel surface of the teeth.
Tooth Decay Prevention Tips:
1. You should at least brush your teeth every day including fluoride toothpaste. It’s advisable after each meal and before sleeping at night.
2. Oral-B Interdental Brush, Reach Stim-U-Dent, or Sulcabrush is samples of dental floss or interdental cleaners that you could use to clean between your teeth daily.
3. You should rinse daily with fluoride mouthwash and some brands also contain antiseptic ingredients to remove the bacteria that cause plaque.
4. Eat balanced and nutritious meals and reduce buying junk foods. Keep away from carbohydrates like pretzels, candy and chips because they could remain on the tooth surface. You should brush your teeth immediately if you ate sticky foods.
5. You should regularly take dental check-up.
6. Ask your dentist the advantages of using supplemental fluoride that strengthens your teeth.
7. Check with your dentist regarding dental sealants (plastic protective coating) placed to the chewing surfaces of your back teeth (molar) for protection.
8. You should drink fluoridated water. Drinking at least a pint of fluoridated water each day for kids is required to prevent tooth decay.
As per the study, researchers found that a chewing gum containing the sweetener xylitol temporarily stop the growth of bacteria that will lead to tooth decay. They also experimenting a lot of materials that slowly taking out fluoride over time to avoid further decay. These materials would be attached between teeth.
To get further information about tooth decay prevention tips, visit https://www.samedayme.com/